Saturday, July 10, 2010

Walnut Creek Library Gala

What an wonderfully inspirational evening...people still need actual books, covers, paper pages and human interaction.
It was so nice to see the guests of the Library Gala, all who donated to make this library happen, come together to celebrate its completion.
I remember riding my bike to the library almost every weekend when I was young, and all the great memories that came with it. Now, in the hurry of life, we listen to books on tape or read in front of the computer, or use that fancy Kindle thing.
This Walnut Creek Library is a place I plan to make more memories...taking my own kids to the library and fostering a love for reading.
I am so glad I had the opportunity to photograph this event!
The official opening for the library is July 17th at 10am
visit www.wclibrary.org for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment